Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rich vs Poor

Remember the time when football/Basketball/baseball/Hockey players made below $2 Million a year? Remember when Wall St Types made bonus's below $1 Million? Remember when a home didn't cause your family to be homeless?
Yes, it sounds like a backwards looking state of mind but really think about it?  Not too long ago I was sitting in the Endzone of Tampa Stadium for $10 a game, now I pay just under $100.  I live in a Condo, which I love and gladly paid $160,000 for but less than 12 years ago I purchased a house in Orlando for $82,000. (No, it was not in Paramore Area or in Biffalo) I visited my parents in Orlando over Christmas and drove by my old house.  The New Owner was outside loading his car with gifts for his mother and we struck up a convo.  He had purchased home from the couple that purchased it from me for $160,000 in 2009, I sold the home for $90,000 in 1992.  Wow nice ring! Nice Profit for those folks.  To think, My parents purchased a large home in Syracuse, New York for $50,000 in 1974 and sold it for $77,000 in 1989 for a Profit of $27,000.  Which they used to upgrade to a new home that cost $110,000.

The point of all that above is WE are becoming a bit greedy.  Before our businesses & employees alike just wanted to live and let live.  Make enough to live well but still reach for the stars as Casey Kasem so famously said. Now we want to be Ultra Rich, We want to be Gordon Gekko.  What the Hell Happened?  The Spread between Rich & Poor has gotten to a point that some think the world is heading towards a massive upheaval. The Recent Protest in New York City, Moscow and the Middle East all had one thing in common...Money!  Greed is killing the American Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment